Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Best camerea in the Nizo line

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Just curious what is listed as Nizo's premier, top-of-the-line camera? Could someone maybe list them down in order?
    Does anyone have a favorite for one reason or another?

    (Nizo Pro, Nizo 801 Macro, Nizo 4080, Nizo 6080)
    Out of these I've seen a fair amount of the 801 and the pro on Ebay.

    Thanks,
    scott u.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member HH3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2001
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd go with the 4080 because it's a sound camera and I've heard it's quieter than the 801 or Pro (and you never know you might want to record sound, even wild sound, so you'll want a quiet camera).

    I'd choose the 4080 over the 6080 because of price and what you get. On ebay the 6080's usually are a little more, when in fact it's the exact same camera as the 4080. The only difference is that the 6080 can take a 200ft magazine. But Kokak no longer makes the 200ft film reels, so it's useless.

    I went with the 4080 and it's beautiful and has the best lens f1.4 7-80mm. I bought mine from a guy in Germany named Kurt Gardella (e-mail: [email protected]) he deals in high-end Nizo's and could get what you want at a great price (I payed $400 for mine and it's in mint condition). He is a very fair and honest dealer.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as far as I know, the 6080 is the top of the range sound model, and the pro is the top of the range silent.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Just curious

    I assume the Pro models have a port for hooking a tape recoder/dat/etc, but is it loud compared to the sound cameras. Im wondering if it is loud, like the zm2, why have the port?
    Scott
    Im trying to figure out what silent camera makes the least amount of noise just for kicks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a chart that may help when comparing models: http://www.merzbarn.com/Specificatio...tion_chart.htm
    The guy who sells the Nizo's may be able to help with other questions.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member filmsmyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got 3 6080's and 1 4080 and you cannot tell the difference between any of them as far as exposed film is concerned...

    I've also seen footage shot with just about every other model Nizo and I'll be damn if they don't all look outstanding.

    Great cameras...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •